Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm 32...and AWESOME.

This morning I did a photo shoot of my fabulous self.

I think I'm peaking. I'm HOT. I may not have it all figured out, but I am one smokin' 32 year old goddess. Add to that my incredible wit and intelligence and I am one hell of a package. Go with me here, it's my birthday.

I have accomplished most of my list in some form or fashion, and despite being inconsistent I am still calling it a win. I hope you will join me in my next adventure: http://bornwithoutay.blogspot.com/ It just wouldn't be the same without you.

A brief recap of this little journey, and some thoughts:

1) Keep going to the gym: There is no need. I have bouts of depression, work stress, man trouble and a red wine diet to keep me looking fabulous.

2) Maintain stable frame of mind: I get a medal for this--really, I do. Although I'm starting to think it's overrated and may just go absolutely ape shit on the first day of 33.

3) Keep in touch with family and friends: Doing my best, doing my best. If anything I've realized how much they all mean to me and how lucky I am to have the people I do in my life. Especially the besties, and you know who you are. Thanks to all of you for being there for me.

4) Choose my battles: Admittedly was not very good at this when I started, but became aware of my desire to debate. Now, I think I'm picking too few...somewhere there is balance.

5) Save more money: I blame the economy and am currently waiting for my bailout.

6) Commit to using eye cream: Why? Did I mention I'm hot?

7) Eat healthier: There is absolutely nothing I can say about this--I tried. I failed. I don't smack down a bag a chips and don't really have an affinity for chocolate, so that's good enough in my book.

8) Thus, stop eating out so much: Whatever. Not gonna happen in this lifetime.

9) Potty train Gizmo: I did this, again, with flying colors.

10) Relax: I did learn to let go on some level and it did me a lot of good, really. By nature I feel I may be a little high strung, but they make drugs for that. Besides, keeps life interesting.

11) Explore the possibilities: I don't ever stop doing this. In hindsight it should have been "Explore the possibilities and take action." New goal for 33.

12) Start my book: I did. It is going to be awesome...so long as I can get the people I am completely destroying to sign waivers.

13) Remember everyone's birthday: Facebook made this really easy.

14) Remember everyone's anniversary: This was impossible from the get go, and I have no idea why it was important to me to even attempt this feat.

15) Stop paying for convenience: I ditched my cleaning people, but I can afford to valet my car, ship online buys and pay people to keep their mouths shut. Should be "stop paying for select conveniences".

16) Do my own taxes: Did it, and doing it again.

17) Plant flowers in the springtime: Did it, not doing it this year.

18) Read at least 18 books: It may have done me some good to have a few self-help titles on this list.

19) Cut down on travel for work: Done. Case closed.

20) See a dermatologist: Looking forward to getting my ass slapped again in a few weeks.

21) Find a better dentist: When all was said and done it cost me $1,200 to make this happen. That said, I had a few of the best hours of my life upside down and stupid.

22) Try not to be sick: Someday. I'm holding out for the wonder drug.

23) Have more girl time: Lots of it! I love my girls, they are amazing people--and they are the inspiration for my next adventure.

24) Learn to make a mean vodka sauce: De-lish.

25) Get engaged (or become single): ha. Ha. ha Ha HA HA HA HA! "It's complicated."

26) Master the social networks: Facebook addict.

27) Celebrate my sister's wedding: It was lovely.

28) Have more me time: Too much "me" time can lead to insanity. Living in your head is no fun. But I do know myself REALLY well these days. Courtney, Jancie, Elise, Barbara, Billy. We're all one big happy family.

29) Stop biting my nails: I fell off the wagon a week ago, but I'm getting a manicure today. Give me a week, I'll be golden.

30) Buy a house: Sold a house.

31) Understand and embrace how fortunate I really am: Above all, this I have accomplished. It's about the little things, and appreciating what's happening at this very minute. There is always going to be something bigger, better, newer, richer, and so on...so what does it matter? Appreciate the life you have and be happy with what is right in front of you. What is most difficult for this girl is making other people see this for themselves--I hope someday everyone finds this peace.

Here's to 32!

No comments: