Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Friday, May 9, 2008

#27: Celebrate My Sister's Wedding

Accomplished, and celebrate we did! I was hoping to have pics to share along with this post, but my day job has really gotten in the way of downloading and sharing.

The affair was beautiful and extravagent. Jim (my Dad) really knows how to throw a party. The actual nuptials were wrapped up in about 45 minutes, thus mass was not nearly as excrutiating as I anticipated--gotta love those Catholic weddings. For the record, there is nothing overly Catholic about my family other than we say we are and once upon a time went to church on Easter and Christmas.

The rest of the night was a big ole' celebration. By far one of the best cocktail hours I've ever spent 15 minutes in--guests who did not try the lobster pot pies and seasame chicken fingers missed one hell of a culinary experience. Not to mention the sushi bar--yes, sushi bar (Sushi + Open Bar = ?). I would have loved to spend more time with the butlered hor d'ouvers, but SOB (that's sister of the bride) duties took precendence.

The reception itself was one non-stop dance party, with a band AND a DJ. It's the only wedding I've been to where everyone was on the floor to dance between the salad and main course. I learned my dress wasn't exactly built for gettin' down, as it too "got down".

Quite fabulous.

Other than the banquet manager flagging our guests for drinking in the bar AFTER the wedding(completely subjective--she was an angry whore, it felt good to yell at her) the evening went off with no drama, and given our family that is a miracle. Erin had the fairy tale wedding she's dreamed about since the age of 6--the rest of us had a hell of a time being part of it. I just wish we all went to St. Lucia with the happy couple too.

While it was lovely, I can't say that I would do the same for myself--maybe it's just because I'm old and past the days of being excited about getting married. That's sad isn't it?

And I know you all want me to talk about #25, but you are just going to have to wait. For now, congratulations Mrs. Marsland!

No comments: