Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

#18: Read at least 15 books

Oops.

I have not been reading as much as I would like. I enjoy it, but find myself on early flights and the aforementioned red eyes, during which I prefer to sleep. Reading at night is no longer an option with a yelping puppy, so time for it has seemingly disappeared. Unfortunate--how all the things I really enjoy evade me these days.

I have book club tonight, and I've read about 100 pages of Bel Canto. Fantastic book, just not getting it done. I'm going for the wine. And to fulfill #23--have more girl time.

I talked to my #1 girl last night for a long time--I miss her. Wish she was coming to book club.

She had an interesting observation. Despite the fact that we live miles apart we are ridiculously territorial about our friendship--in that we don't anyone else replacing the other. It's so high school (as she tells me about a local friend she had high hopes for but just didn't connect with--secretly I was happy, awful, right?).

We're worse than any man's jealous girlfriend.

No comments: