Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

#1: Keep Going to the Gym AND #7: Eat Healthier

Operation "Body 27". wtf, right?

What I mean is that I am on a mission, yes MISSION to get back the body I had at 27. This whole 31 thing has thrown me (hormonally, mentally and physcially) for a loop. They say your body changes chemically every 7 years, and by my calculations hell hath come three years early.

Last time around, I benefitted. At 27, I magically dropped 15 lbs by eating out, oh, every night, and boozing my weekends away. I went from a 6 or 8 (which I have ALWAYS been) to a 2 or 0 (yep, Carrie Bradshaw territory, hello hottie!). I mean seriously, it was better than winning the lottery. This time, not so much.

Lots of people tell me I'm skinny. Um, no. Obese, no, but I am no skinny girl. I have a man's body--gain it all in the belly, straight up and down. Suppose I hide it well.

I want to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks--I do not care one iota if that's considered healthy or not.

I want to actually enjoy laying in the sun this summer without worrying about my muffin top scaring the fish.

I want to feel fantastic in my clothes again--right now, I would live in jersey knit every day if it didn't compromise my ability to make a living.

I want to lose it and then MAINTAIN. I am not delusional, I know this takes work and it is a lifestyle change, so I have to use methods I know I can keep up. I just need a little boost to get started--you know, like that Xanax before bed?

So how, pray tell, am I going to accomplish this goal? I'm going to go to the gym and force myself to do cardio--at least three times a week. I'm going to reduce carb intake and practice portion control. I would say I'm going to cut out the booze but, let's be realistic here, that won't happen long term. At first, a little more extreme with these committments until I hit that goal. And maybe a seaweed body wrap--instantly drop inches, or so I've heard.

Thank God my ass is still kickin'. I got something going for me.

No comments: