Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

#31: Understand and embrace how fortunate I really am.

oh where to start? Tis the eve of the list deadline and I am contemplating what exactly should be said at this point. After tomorrow this shall go away, and while it's been fun it's on to less limiting subject matter....more to come.

While I have been successful in many goals I set for myself, I have failed miserably in many others.

Building the list was a means of keeping life in check. In hindsight, the list set some priorities but of course didn't take into account one factor. That would be life. The punches, curve balls, surprises, disappointments, accomplishments and much else that you simply don't count on. It's healthy to set goals, but you must be prepared to not meet them all and adjust along the way.

What I am most fortunate to have found is an outlet. A way to balance the insanity of the past year. I of course never in a million years imagined that 31 would be one of the more trying times in my life, but I suppose it lended to the content.

I know there's a lot inquiring minds want to know. When you you have a blog and everyone knows exactly who you are, you walk a fine line in what can and cannot be said. As a writer, this sucks. Flat out fucking sucks. The words come from your soul, and when you cannot express the content that is your daily life, it can at times become trite.

Case in point: A few nights ago my boyfriend gave me permission to write about him. He most certainly has no idea what that green light means, and I suppose he trusts that I would be careful in the opinions expressed. I'm not sure if he's right yet.

I will not be building a list for 32, but I will be exploring other avenues and I hope you will join me in my journey.

One more day to go. Looking forward to saying goodbye the only way I know possible.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: