Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

#21: Find a better dentist

I did this! I went for my cleaning, then two additional appointments for the dreaded "work" that had to be done. My last one was yesterday and I'm done until March! I am still in pain, like I got in a fight where all they hit was the right side of my face...over, and over, and over...but there were some postitives to this experience:

1) I really like the guy. He's very personable and not nearly as depressed as most dentists.
2) He takes his work seriously--he really digs teeth and making them pretty.
3) There are TVs on the ceiling so you can watch away while they pretend not to hurt you.
4) One word: Nitrous.

So, for three hours yesterday afternoon, I laid back in a chair high on nitrous watching "What Not to Wear" and "My Super Sweet Sixteen" (about my speed after 30 minutes). I am a very difficult patient to numb (I think it's that control thing again) so when I first arrived, I just chilled for 30 minutes sucking in the fun stuff while the novacaine went to work in my mouth.

Really, it's not that bad snd I have a whole new perspective on the dentist. Dare I say I look forward to it? For three hours yesterday, all was right with the world. Of course, when I couldn't drive home and had to sit there for 45 minutes--that wasn't so much fun--but I suppose it's a small price to pay for a breif period of euphoria.

Ahh. The Dentist.

2 comments:

Queen Lindstifa said...

Lucky! I never get the good stuff. I do love my dentist anyway. He's got the DREAMIEST eyes and plays good music.

Courtney said...

wow, your dentist is hot? Mine not so bad, but if he was well I would purposely eat lots of candy and stop brushing my teeth.