Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

#28: Have more me time

I fear I have overachieved this goal. I have so much me time that a dear friend sent me a postcard that said "I know I live in my own little world but they like me here." She meant it. 

When things get tough, I retreat. It's not healthy, but it's how I deal. Unfortunately, I've been dealing a little too long and my head is just spinning with every thought. And my thoughts aren't facts. 

They are possibilities, or scenarios, that ultimately become reality despite being fantasy because I get so wrapped up in them emotionally. Recently, however, those scenarios have all been "best case"--positive. Is it still such a bad thing? We read The Secret for book club--I never finished it but I believe this was the premise--think about what you want and you shall have.

I just hope I don't let myself down. In the meantime, need more plans. 

No comments: