Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

#3: Keep in touch with family and friends

Last night I found a few people on facebook.

The first was a dear old friend of mine from some of the golden years in life (finally making some dough, no committments, and still establishing a sense of responsibility...ah, the good old days). For a period of almost three years, he was my world. We did everything together and had the best time doing it--regardless of what it happened to be.

During our last years, I met "the one" (and still the same one) who became the final catalyst that ended my previous relationship, and he met his now wife who's expecting a baby--yea! Our friendship ended weird despite how close we were when I moved to the ATL. It sucked, I was resentful for quite some time--you know, the kind that comes out after a couple glasses of wine. How many sentences did I start with "you know what still pissess me off..."

It's been five years (no resentment) and once again I've found him. While it will never be as it was back in the day, it's a great feeling to know that someone you once cared a lot about is making their way successfully and happily in life.

The second person was my college crush. Despite having a boyfriend for 3 of those 4 glorious years, I had a mad crush--along with the rest of Elon, on the same person. He knew it too. I'm happy to report--no butterflies, nothing that was remotely similar to the silliness of a 20-year old girl in lust.

Maybe I've matured. I'll let you know tomorrow after I get too drunk for a Thursday and talk shit with my girls with 9 hours. That's what I call keeping in touch with your friends.

P.S. Bonus! My sister's coming this weekend. I hit friends AND family this week. I might just conquer this list afterall.

No comments: