Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

#30: Buy a House

Pretty much settled in the new place--not a box in sight, and all the pics hung on the wall. I think I have even discovered how to connect the Mac to the TV so I can watch all my favorite shows and rent movies despite having only "basic" cable. As much as I hate them, I sure do miss Comcast OnDemand. Not a necessity, move along, move along...

I miss my house overall. My new place is great, but it doesn't feel like "mine" and as long as I am renting, it never will. I wish I had just one more morning waking up in my old room and looking out the window down to the neighborhood. One more glass of wine on the deck. One more meal prepared in the kitchen. Part of me feels with everything going on and the last minute change of plans I didn't give it a proper goodbye. That house was the first "home" I truly had since leaving my parents almost 15 years ago. Lots of good memories and I feel as if I left a lot more than a house. 

I suppose this is what life is all about. Change, moving on, moving out. 

This time it's bittersweet. 


No comments: