Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Again, my number one goal...

Isn't  it funny how priorities change? I have 31 of them...some simple, some complex, but the weight of each fluctuates so frequently. Day to day, as the circumstances of "that which I cannot control" determine my future, I realize that life consists of two things: those things I can change, those things I cannot. 

The trouble is, figuring out what falls into each category. 

I'm a firm believer life is about relationships. What are we without each other? Personal, professional, platonic, romantic. I'm thankful for all I have--my family, my friends (even my coworkers) and the fact that I found a man I know is my complete equal. My partner, my best friend, and someone I know I will forever love and always intrigue me.  It didn't happen overnight. First, I fought it. Then I embraced it. Then I got scared of it. Then I took control. Then I wanted it to be something it wasn't. And now, all I want is the man. 

My #1 goal--figure this all out without trying to control everything--relationships, work, family friendships.  

Life doesn't come with a manual. Write your own. 

No comments: