Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

#5: Save more money

C'mon, you try doing this when you move into a new place! I needed a new dresser, and a ton of little stuff--waste baskets, a coffee maker, an iron, new shoe storage for the closet, and so on. So far, about $600...for a place I'm renting. Oh it makes me cringe!

The good news is cable is included in the rent--and supposedly HBO. I had trouble finding any channels at first, but fortunately Tracey was here this weekend and somehow knew how to program my TV.

I still can't find HBO and I have no idea how Eric and Ari are making it without me. So, I printed out the list of channels from the cable company. TEN PAGES. I mean seriously, is there really THAT much on TV? Excess. Excess. Excess.

But I still want my HBO. And yes, I will spend more money to get it. I think I will have failed miserably at this item (among several others) this year. Fortunately, I wasn't in such a bad place to begin with, I was just trying to be super perfect--the curse with which I was born.

No comments: