Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

#20: See a dermatologist

Accomplished. Made the appointment AND saw the doctor, all in the same day. Warding off (hopefully) melanoma for at least one more year. She did a biopsy on one suspicious little bugger.

She also slapped my tush. Twice. Really.

The first time it happened, I was a little startled. the second time, I laughed out of sheer disbelief.

She asked me to stand so she could take a look at the backs of my legs. then, with two hands she slapped the top of my tush. Then she did it again, and said " I don't know how you wear these things". These "things" would be my thong. My response (beyond laughter) was that I would not have worn it had I known I was coming in for an appointment.

I know of no medical reason that would require a dermatologist to slap my tush. Needless to say, this is quite possibly one of the oddest experiences I have ever had at a doctor's office.

I think I'll look for a new dermatologist with less of a desire to "give me some skin".

No comments: