Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

#11: Explore the Possibilities

Have the signs ever been all around you? To the point where you feel like they are SCREAMING at you, and for one reason or another you don't listen? The sound is deafening in my ears, I'm so there, right now, this instant--yet still a little scared of what they tell me.

Over the past few months, ever since I started taking my life dreams seriously (hmm...bi-product of this blog, I think so) I've noticed little things--horoscopes, comments on my blog, seemingly unrelated conversations with friends, random people I've met--all guiding me toward the answers I am looking for. It's strange the way in which this world works, so I frequently ask myself if I am creating these "signs" or if they do truly exist. 

I still don't know the answer, but I do understand the way I FEEL when I think of the possibilities. And my gut is telling me that only with great risk comes great reward. Ok, little dramatic, admittedly. 

However, there have been only two other times in my life when I have felt with such strong conviction that the decisions I made were foreshadowed and spot on. The first was packing up everything I have ever known to attend a little known college in the South I had never visited nor knew ANYTHING about (that accepted me in June, nonetheless--um, talk about no planning). It turned out to be the first best decision I ever made. 

The second was on a Delta flight from Raleigh to Atlanta--I woke up upon landing, looked out the window and for some reason just KNEW I would be living in Atlanta before October. I moved October 31, 2003 (no joke, ask Shannon). It turned out to be the second best decision I ever made. 

Third time's a charm. 



No comments: