Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

#30: Buy a House


I sense the fight of my life coming on. I know, I know...the plan was to wait the market out and buy when those prices come down. But damn it, I think I've found everything I want in a home. And it's for sale now. Not to mention the price just dropped another $30K (suppose this is what happens when you aren't looking at "starter homes" any longer). 

It is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. I'm going to put the picture of the open air porch where you can join me for breakfast...look, you see?

Oh, and what's that? A two-story sun room with a ridiculously awesome backyard? Gizmo would love poopin' there. 

Living in one of the most temperate cities, I could be the freakin' QUEEN of outdoor parties. Oh hells yes. 

And I have a down payment favor coming my way...not that I can't afford it. I would never be so stupid as to buy a home I could not afford, but apparently many of Freddie and Fannie's customers were--down with the government and their stupid bail out plan! I do not pay for other's mistakes. Tangent, sorry. But, my sister DID have a luxury vehicle of a wedding, which I likely will not see. Ever. So let's decrease the amount of my monthly mortgage, shall we? 

The reason I love this house (sight unseen in person I might add but Google street view is pretty awesome) is because it has character. It's in an established Atlanta neighborhood, close to all things great, including Jesus Junction should I suddenly discover I have a need to go to church every Sunday. 

I hate the whole "let's build a neighborhood and try and fool you by mixing up some house plans".  In my opinion, sub-divisions are the Maserati version of modular homes. I know, I know, it's the American way, but I just do not want to see my kitchen when I visit my neighbors.  I hope I did not offend you. 

Finding these types of homes in my price range IN TOWN in Atlanta was just unheard of before the economy fell apart. I feel like this is my opportunity to seize the day. I want it, I want it, I want it. 

Should I sacrifice the ring for the house? I seriously think I could do that. 

No comments: