Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

#24: Learn to Make a Mean Vodka Sauce

I'm going to attempt this tonight. I will scan numerous recipes for the right combination of ingredients to make this my own. And damn it, I will not be disappointed. 

While I am by no means a phenom in the kitchen, I can throw a few things together--very good things. This vodka sauce however, plagues me. I blame a restaurant called "Daniel's" in Apex North Carolina. Their tortellini and vodka sauce was to DIE for, and I, despite my best efforts, cannot replicate it. And nothing come close to comparing. 

I also have difficulty recreating Mexican and Indian food. On that front, I'm done trying. It's cheaper for me to simply eat out than to waste cardamon seed and chipotle chilis on every attempt.

Off I go to find the secret ingredient.

No comments: