Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Monday, September 1, 2008

#28: Have more me time

I had some serious "me time" last week. Facial (all good except for the extraction--ouch), mani/pedi, lots o' book reading, and a little shopping at the local budget-conscious H&M.

As part of me time, I also read magazines, particularly when in the massage chair at ProNails. I have a subscription to Self magazine, and thankfully it's free because I seriously hate it. It's the same magazine month after month, just packaged a little differently. Tone your abs (insert: legs, butt, arms)! Lose that last 10 pounds (insert: 8, 15, 20)! You get the idea...

In any event, this month's issue was called the "List Issue". 20-some odd lists to get your life in order. I, of course, found this of specific interest being that my entire life currently revolves around a list of 32 things to do. This article literally spelled out how to create lists that are realistic to help you meet your goals. 

You know I'm a big fan of lists, however, I did not realize there was an art form to it. I'm beginning to think I missed my calling.


No comments: