Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

#5: Save more money

Seeing as I am not spending much money on eating out these days (yay! #8) I found it fully justified that I recently expanded my collection of designer jeans. I'm not sure when it became acceptable to spend $200 on casual fashion, but I'm there and obsessed. I don't like to shop--really--but I am a sucker for a great pair of jeans. Even more than shoes and bags.

A little boutique, Hand in Pocket, that caters to the denim delights opened near my house and I checked it out today. I walked out with yet another pair of Paige (they are so kind to my bum) and a pair of skinny jeans! Skinny Jeans! Really! 

I avoided them like the plague, not thinking I could EVER pull that off (can we say chicken legs with a man gut?). However, my recent weight loss (14 LB's and counting, and not. even. trying.) apparently has given me the perfect body type to wear this frightening fashion trend. And the girls working there, oh they were so all over it that I could not NOT buy these jeans. I'm in sales, and yes, I fell for the pitch. 

I also picked up some more Michael Stars...one size fits most. Most, ladies. Most. 

For 1 hour, I was the hottest chic in denim in the great state of Georgia, and it's worth my $345 bucks, no question. Lord knows I need that little boost to the good 'ole self esteem right now. 

Now let's go test them out. 

No comments: