Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

#31: Understand and appreciate how fortunate I really am

Despite an incident last night that should have kept me buried under a mountain of self pity, I rise like a Phoenix from the ashes (I did go to Elon, you know).

Today is going to be a good day.

Mad Men. Wow. LOVE it. Purchased Season 1 through iTunes, and while it took two days to download it was well worth the wait. If you haven't seen it, do. Centered around the goings on of an ad agency in the 1960's--let's just say that had I entered my field in that era as an Account Executive I would be responsible for handling much more than ads. They are EVIL and I love them all.

Best line: "Love is something we created to sell women like you pantyhose."

Twilight. Another Wow. I, admittedly (depsite two younger siblings, an addicition to the web, and an odd obsession with all things Vampire), knew nothing about this book series. Then, while flipping through my Facebook Flair I came across numerous "I love Edward Cullen", "Edward Cullen's Girlfriend", "Bella is a Whore" buttons. Who the hell are THESE people and have they dominated Facebook? No, they are characters in a story. A vampire love story--and what is sexier that forbidden love? Did I mention these are "young adult" books. Explains a lot about the uber-mini and Ugg phenomenon.

While the movie "Twilight" comes out Friday, I bought the book and I am 200 pages deep. I can't put it down. I considered bringing it to work to read on webinars and conference calls--but that's why I have Facebook. It will be my evening indulgence.

So what I am thankful for?

1) Eyes and ears to watch and read these gems
2) The money to purchase both
3) My Phoenix-esque qualities
4) My super hot tights on my super hot legs today
5) My high opinion of myself

And of course the fingers to make these thoughts public for better or worse.

No comments: