Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

#22: Try Not to be Sick

Ugh, I wish I could control this. I am the most disgusting human being right now. I did manage to rest for almost an entire day (and consume a whole lot of daytime TV) which is so not my style. I thought, take the time to get healthy and you will not prolong your illness. But I woke this morning feeling much the same way as yesterday, but with increased back pain.

But I did (stand up that is) and shower, take the dog to daycare, and vote. I even dragged myself into the office all coked up and loopy to try and get some stuff done. Should I have taken a second day? Maybe. But the truth is, I had an incident last year where I was in the HOSPITAL and people were still calling me as if I were out grabbing a bite. I would have to die for it to stop (and I'd probably still get email for a week or two). It really doesn't matter where I am.

In the back of mind I am wondering if this is tied to my dental work. I'm supposed to be pre-medicated before I have any work done, and I wasn't last week. Two years ago, my uncle had a serious health scare that they could not identify. They ultimately linked it to dental work he had done that created an infection in his blood stream. He too has a heart problem. It's not that I'm opposed to pre-medication it's just that I didn't have the time--and apparently the rules changed as to when a patient has to pre-medicate based on the work being done, so I assumed it applied to me.

If this is in any way, shape or form related to my dental work, I shall never hear the end of it. Although a couple days in the hospital on a morphine drip doesn't sound so bad right now.

Of course if I die, I'll be remembered as the "girl that didn't take her pre-med", and I'd much rather be remembered for other fine qualities, like being a critical bitch. Yes, absolutely.

No comments: