Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

#10: Relax

I took a brief social media and blogosphere hiatus--in an effort to complete #10, relax. 

Abandoning the blog for a week didn't do much for the psyche. I can't tell you how many things flew through my head that I wanted to discuss with my Mac, only to remember I was on hiatus and couldn't. I also discovered this blog is limiting in that content should relate the list--but not everything I want to write does. And what happens once I'm 32? I created something new to worry about while relaxing.

Boycotting Facebook was a whole different story. I think I lost the voices once the urge to spy on my top ten finally subsided, and realized I really don't give a shit if Sue is eating turkey in South Carolina. Not to mention the attention I got in the real world. People actually called me (or texted, still a bit more personal), and used the archaic email tool because I hadn't updated my status...go figure. 

So my little experiment was successful, and given that my head friends seem to have finally left the building (you know, the ones that make all that shit up that just isn't true but they make you think about it anyway?), I might just "maintain" on Facebook for the time being until I have something I really want to say. 

No comments: