Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

#23: Have more girl time

Gettin' it on! My best girl is coming to town today, and we are going to have a weekend of just us. It will be fabulous to catch up and spend some time together with our own agenda. But first thing's first and that is book club tonight...AND I read the book. How lovely.

Last night I spent some time with Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha--technically counts towards my goal. What do you mean they aren't real people?

I watched the movie again and my impression was that it was more contrived than I originally thought and therefore slightly less enjoyable (like a bad hair day, not a dumped at the alter kind of day). Did I mention my boyfriend went with me the first time? I'm not sure what I gave him, but I am certain it was something because he seemed to enjoy it. As for me and my second time, there was a certain comfort in it but I realized I HATE the soundtrack--tacky and distracting.

I did take away three new observations. Some sage advice, "it's not logic it's love"--as well as a future Facebook status update that I refuse to share right now.

And the third? I find it disgusting how much I draw parallels with a television character. Like I've said, shamefully more than once--I'm going to publish my book, marry my Big (in the suit the first time, however), and have my ever after.

I will just never, ever, ever live in NYC or wear a bird in my hair.

No comments: