Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Soooo...about that holiday party...

Somehow, there are 32 people coming (plus seven kids) and still a few unconfirmed folks that might just pop in. How did this happen? Tis' the cause of consternation (look it up, it's the most appropriate word).

Do not get me wrong, I am very excited about having everyone together for a few hours...I figure people will float in and out so at any given time there may be 20-25. It's just been interesting getting my head around it--as in how much beer cheese do I need? Do they sell sour cream by the barrel? I went to a website that told me I need 15 bottles of wine and 80 beers...that is if people have one glass/beer per hour. Have you met my friends? Thank God a few of them are currently pregnant.

I do however think I have come up with a game plan. Fortunately, I have the space and unbelievably enough seating, a good mix of things to make and things to "fake it bake it", and of course lots of alcohol already at my disposal.

This is going to be fun. Planning it fills my time, I love to entertain, I love my friends, I love Christmas, and I love that I can drink to my heart's content and not have to drive anywhere.

Now THAT'S planning.

No comments: