Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

#10: Relax

I'm not really sure what alternate universe I was in when I added this line item to the list. As a text book "Type A" relaxing is not something that comes easily or is done often in my real life. I am always doing SOMETHING.

For example, even while watching TV I am eyeing up my house and wondering if moving the tin vase a little to the left will make a difference in the balance of the room. Then I get up and move it, and start all over again with some other object.

I get this from my father, this I know. The man does not sit still. "Painting" and "landscaping" seem to be tasks forever on his to do list.

I am currently planning another vacation at the end of August to try my best and decompress. I'm not going anywhere, except to a business planning meeting on Monday & Tuesday because that's what I do on vacation (i.e. work). Wednesday through Friday I am going to spa and pool it, and spend some quality time on my new project. Hopefully with my new Mac.

I will say that I have become less "intense" about things in general. I'm realizing what I can control, and what I can't. The answer is absolutely nothing. It's more about perceived control, so I try not let lack of perfection eat at me. If I don't get the laundry done on Sunday, I just don't. The world will not stop because I wear a white bra with a black shirt.

Thus far, my progress on "Relax".

No comments: