Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Friday, August 15, 2008

#1: Keep Going to the Gym

I didn't exactly hit the gym last night, but me and my little family (man, dog...hmmm) went to the Polo grounds near our house for an evening walk. I've lived here 5 years, and never knew this beautiful place existed. It's a horse farm with a full size polo field, and they were finishing up a match as we approached--Thursdays and Saturdays, who knew?

Beautiful dirt roads meandering through sunset shaded countryside, which opens to the Chattahoochee I might add. It was absolutely gorgeous--and so peaceful. Gizmo had the opportunity to run free which he does not get often (which also afforded the opportunity to eat A LOT of grass), and had his first encounter with really big dogs known as horses--which intrigued him until my boyfriend picked him up and put him face to face--shaking like junkie in withdrawal. We humans got some much needed exercise as well.

Being there I forgot about all the things that plague me in life, and for one brief hour on this evening, it was quiet in my mind.

And it did not include the use of wine, haldol, xanax (a paladrome by the way), or vicodin to induce this state of relaxation.

Killed #1 AND #10. I'm flying through this list.

No comments: