Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Monday, June 9, 2008

#30: Buy a House

It looks like I may be moving. Scott has decided he wants to sell the townhome--thinks it's time to move on, and sell it while there is still money to be made before the housing market really tanks (you think it's bad now...).

The plan is to rent for a while--not an option I am particularily thrilled about. My house is my security, I like knowing it's mine. When you rent you can't paint, you don't really want to decorate, your furniture might not fit, you can't really do home improvement projects (yes, I actually enjoy these) and it just feels so...temporary.

The rationale behind the plan, however, is strong. Wait it out, 6 months to a year, and buy a dream home when the market really tanks and buyers make out like bandits.

While not exactly what I was hoping for, a step in the right direction I suppose.

No comments: