Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

#17: Plant Flowers in the Springtime

They died. Every last one of them on the back deck. It is hotter than the hell in which I will end up one day. The tender little blossoms could not survive, despite being branded as "SUN" flowers by the orange home improvement store where marriages go to die. The drought certainly did not help.

Anyone who thinks our current biblical weather is a fluke is sorely mistaken. These droughts, tornados, earthquakes, floods, extreme cold and heat are no accident. I have one question: when can I expect the locusts?

It's at this point I give fair warning that I'm about to go dark.

I have been fascinated with the existence of life as we know it since childhood. The why, how, and what does it all mean. Depsite my Catholic upbringing, I am pretty damn certain I was not born of Adam and Eve--nor that human kind is cursed because that bitch ate an apple.

It's because of this fascination that I am so appreciative of everything that makes up our existence--such as flowers in the springtime. It also makes me a believer in ideas and theory's frequently associated with "crazy people". If no one has the answers, then WHY NOT?

What do I mean? Why not believe there is other life out there, why not believe that there is a 3rd dimension, why not believe that history repeats itself, why not believe there is some ancient secret we will all become privy to when we die?

Heavy, I know. But it puts it all in perspective when the recruitment advertising war lords are doing battle with my pipeline.

One such theory is that of "2012". Decemeber 21st to be exact. Scientists, religious pontifs, astronomers, historians and psychics all have their own ideas on this theory. What is unique is this: they all agree on the outcome--the end of civilization as we know it.

I encourage you to do a little exploring on this theory if it is the first you are hearing of it. The cliff notes can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8. Those wishing to explore a little further (and have no need for sleep) can read: Apocolypse 2012--a Scientific Investigation into Civilizations End.

Did I mention my Dad told me about all this when I was 11?

No comments: