Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

#29: Stop biting my nails

As with every other time I say I'm going to do this, I last 2-3 months and then temptation gets the best of me. This time however, I had help.

For Erin's wedding, I had acrylic nails done--pink and white--and they were gorgeous. I even maintained them for two refills, and felt like a grown up for once. But last night, after a lovely king crab leg dinner and one bottle of wine too many, I decided to start cracking them off...with my teeth. Kellie and Karina must have thoroughly enjoyed the sound of me gnawing this thick--I don't even know that the f to call it--off my finernails. They said nothing, but in hindsight, it was probably pretty disgustig to watch. Sorry.

So this morning, the reality of what I had done to my fingernails became quite clear--some were free the the thick stuff, others had little "chunks" left on them. What to do about the chun--omg Gizmo just farted something fierce--back to the blog, chunks you ask? This was quite helpful:
http://www.howtodothings.com/fashion-and-personal-care/a2649-how-to-remove-acrylic-nails.html

Yes, I used cotton balls soaked in acetone, and wrapped one around each finger using tin foil. I looked ridiculous, smelled even worse, and think I gave my dog a contact buzz. For all that effort, my nails still look like shit and I have a feeling it's going to be awhile before they are respectable again. So I'm back at square one.

Is it worth it? Yes, I still think so.

But I'd like to take another shot at making it happen naturally.

No comments: