Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Monday, September 15, 2008

#5: Save more money

No thanks to Lehman Brothers and my own damn bank, this just became a little more difficult.

Fortunately, my boyfriend is a freakin' economic GENIUS who reads A LOT and told me this was coming over a year ago. People said he was crazy (self included), but who's crazy now? He's so damn smart and little bit freaky in a Nostradamus sort-of way. Now watch as I surround myself with his brilliance, despite fighting him for the sake of fighting in previous months (I suck.)

I have taken and ignored advice from him and over time made the following moves:

1) I moved a lot of 401(K) dollars to safer investments
2) I bought some gold
3) I didn't buy a house 6 months ago

Anybody see gold today? I'm RICH (well, not really, but it is nice to actually MAKE some money from the stock market). And, I'm going to get a whole hell of a lot more house and maybe still have some money to live on when I retire.

Take heed people. The worst is yet to come, and I will sure as shit listen every time this time.

That'll be 15% please.

No comments: