Welcome to My World

Anecdotal observations of life while in pursuit of things to accomplish before (doh!) 32.

Friday, January 9, 2009

#31: Understand and appreciate how fortunate I really am

Today, I have a few things to be grateful for, but this post is dedicated to my dear sister Erin, Renee & Shannon. I have the best friends a girl could ask for, and given that I can be a very difficult person to love at times, I am very thankful for these people (and many others too, don't get pissy).

These ladies were going to surprise me and spend my birthday weekend in the ATL. Thirty-two would typically be just another birthday, but I have this damn list and a few other life altering events in the works so they were going to ensure I was adhering to #2. How nice.

I was under the impression that my sister was going to come down, and leave her husband at home. I felt guilt about her coming alone to tend to my insanity, and called her to say she should come when the weather was a little nicer and they could both be here. She still wanted to come, but I said no, and she DID NOT tell me that Shannon and Renee had planned on coming too--hence why the husband wasn't attending in my honor. It wasn't until I called her back later that day to tell her to come anyway (I decided to stop being such a selfish bore) which is when she shared the news.

I somehow managed to ruin the only surprise I would have had in my life thus far. Even though it's not going to happen, it's the thought that counts. Really. It's a great birthday present to know they love me, plain and simple.

No comments: